Tutorial, How we can forward our domain name to our Etsy Store

Today, I want to show you how to forward our domain name to our Etsy Store. To buy a domain name is a great way to start your business. Here are some advantages:

• Easy to remember
• Protects you from losing customers because of a very long URL like www.etsy.com/shop/SunnyFunnyCreations
• Customers can follow you no matter wherever your store is
• Clear and professional looking in your business card

Here are how is my Stores looking like:


HOW TO FORWARD A DOMAIN NAME:
First you have to purchase a domain name. My advice is to buy it from http://www.godaddy.com/ . Godaddy doesn’t charge any fee for forwarding and it’s very easy to do.




After you purchase the domain Godaddy will give you a username and a password. Login to your account. After you login you’ll see your account as shown. I used mine to show the steps.


Now go to the “Advanced Details” next to domain name that you like to forward. After that in the opening page click to the “FORWARD” button.


It will give you two options; “Forward Domain” and “Forward Subdomain”. Please choose “FORWARD DOMAIN”. Special screen will appear. Write where you want your domain to be forwarded.
It will ask you if you want to make forwarding with masking or without masking. Choose without masking. This way after your domain will be forward, you will see your regular Etsy link.




Tip: If you are forwarding to your blog, you can choose masking. This way, it’ll show your domain not the blog link.


Click Okay. Now you have to wait maybe 10-20 minutes. Write your domain and look is it forwarding you or not.


If you have any question you can leave comment so I can answer your question.

Comments

CarDon said…
Very informative. Now to look into a domain name:)

thanks
Carla
Darcy said…
Yay! Thank you so much! I did it! Your tutorial was so easy to follow. I already had a domain name, just sitting there, all lonely, waiting for me to use it. I didn't know what to do with it until now! (I mean, I know I need to actually set up a website, but that would require work. blah.)
And I'm glad you said to wait 10-20 minutes, because I'm so impatient! refresh refresh refresh refresh .... it works!
Thank you!
What a good tutorial! Thanks so much!

Popular Posts